Sunday, 23 July 2017

Graduation card

Hi everyone

Hope you are all well out in Blogland. Thank you for your lovely comments. Today's post as usual is very late. This card was quite a large one. It was a commissioned one and took a long time to make. Boy did it take a lot of thinking about too. I used some book dies to make the different layers....I used a Sue Wilson starry embossing folder for the top layer. The wording was all PC generated. The little scroll had the wording all the way through. The scallop dies are from Spellbinders....I used two different sizes to frame the sentiment. The mortar board was quite simple to make - it was just a square which I threaded a handmade tassel through. I added the book to a large card...it was nearly A4 size. The card was backed with matching layers. I finished with a bow and a few pearls. I must confess I was quite proud of this card.....Lea x





17 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Lea. Lovely layers and embossing. The mortar board and scroll are brilliant xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Lea, I have a die similar and never used it this has given me some hope that I may. Great embossing and love the layers... [aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lea this is a stunning graduation card I love the design. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning Lea, a real work of art. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous graduation card - so well thought out and I love the classy colours. Hope the recipient treasures this!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beauitful card for such a wonderful occasion

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've done a wonderful job with this. I net your customer and the eventual recipient were thrilled to bits!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lea
    What a fantastic idea and the card is brilliant! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing graduation card, great design.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab card Lea! Bet it took ages. Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card Lea! So much detail and design.
    Laine
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Lea .. .. that is amazing .. .. and must have taken a good deal of time to make.

    Well worth the effort though.

    A real keepsake.

    Hope all is as well as it can be.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! I love this graduation card Lea, I can see that a lot of thought and work has gone into the making of this. Such a lovely card which will, I've no doubt, become a treasured memory of a special day.
    Hugs Jennifer xx.

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow is right...this looks amazing Lea...well done.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is terrific Lea. The book die is great and I love the way everything is so co-ordinated. I can see this being treasured! Hugs Christine x

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave feedback for me. I look forward to reading your comments