Sunday, 6 August 2017

A monochrome triple whammy!

Hi everyone

I know it's been a few days but I've been in a funny mood. Since my Dad died I tend to be a bit up and down....sometimes I can just sit for hours thinking.....others well, others my head is together and I craft. I've really been in a mish mash crafting mood, not really making anything for any particular occasion and do you know what.....I've really enjoyed it! The black and white stamped image on these three cards are from a Imagination crafts stamp. I stamped these images months ago and they've been sat on my desk. On my first card I cut the image down and backed it onto black. I then used a scrap of white embossed card and backed that onto black then layered them all up. The flower is made from a tattered lace die. I finished with a small dazzler. I'll add a sentiment later.



On the second card I put a piece of adhesive sheet on the image and then covered it with Cosmic Shimmer diamond sparkle. I love this glitter as its so fine and just gives a very subtle shine. I backed this onto black card. I then backed a piece of white card on black then layered them up. I will eventually add a sentiment and gems to this one too. 


The third card was a bit of a faff. I backed the image onto black card. I then cut out a frame using some embossed card. Im afraid I flattened the embossing when cutting it so I had to carefully realighn the card into the embossing folder (I told you it was a faff 😳 lol!) and put it through my machine again. Then I backed this on black and layered them up like the other cards. I did lift the frame onto pads so the card wasn't flat. Again a sentiment and maybe black flowers will be added later. 

I did enjoy making these cards and they didn't take too long. Note to oneself though....emboss the frame after you've cut it in future.

The first two cards were 6 X 6 cards and the third one 7 X 7. I've decided I really quite like a bit of white space left round the edge of my cards...could be a new thing for me.....Lea x





18 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all these cards. Like your experiments
    with white space - very successful x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cards, love black and white always looks stunning.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card Lea. Its so difficult when your Dad dies. It took me 4 months to be able to talk to anyone without tears! Sending hugs!
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just gorgeous combos. Stunning projects. So very sorry to hear about your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've just checked back over your last few cards which have all been great Lea. Hugs Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lea- these cards are beautiful. I have been playing with Black and White too, and have made a card for my friend whose birthday is on the 8th - have a look on my blog Tuesday, it's pretty similar!!
    Great projects
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards Lea, I love black/white cards, they always look so fresh, clean and very elegant. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me such a lovely comment. Have a good week Lea.
    Hugs Jennifer xx.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cards are so elegant xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderfully elegant cards Lea. Be kind to yourself, you can't rush grief. Sending a big hug xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. They really are stunning - you can't beat simple Black and white for making a statement.
    I still miss my dad, he did very suddenly quite a few years ago now, but the sadness can, at times be over-whelming. I feel for you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards Lea, my dad died when I was 11 (27 years ago) and even now I have days that are tough, sending you hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning cards, I love monochrome.

    Grief can be overwhelming sometimes no matter the length of time since someone passed, I guess it's a form of love but it can feel quite painful at times. Sending lots of love.

    Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Lea your cards are stunning. Sending you a big hug. Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  15. A wonderful trio of monochrome cards Lea. I'm so pleased you had fun making them. Thinking of you, it's not easy losing a loved one but they're always in our hearts. Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning cards and love the negative effect

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are fabulous Lea.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave feedback for me. I look forward to reading your comments