Friday, 8 September 2017

Friends

Hello everyone

I must admit it's been a couple of days since I blogged. Although I've not blogged I've tried to keep up with everyone else's blogs...if I've missed anyone I do apologise. 

I've been thinking a lot about friends today. When I moved home to Northamptonshire I left some very dear friends back in Gloucester. I must admit I'm very, very lucky to have some amazing friends (both here and in Gloucester). I spent some time with three of my friends last week...I hadn't realised just how much I missed 'my girls'! Unfortunately this week it is back to normal. I made these cards with my friends in mind. I saw a similar card over on the Clearly Besotted blog - the post was from back in February 2013 (unfortunately I can't find the link) and I thought it was perfect for what I wanted to say. 


The cards are all the same apart from the butterflies. This set has all different patterns of butterflies.  I backed a square of white card onto Kraft card. I stamped the sentiment which was a freebie from a magazine. I die cut the butterflies out and then messed a couple up when I tried to stamp them. I also then tried stamping then die cutting but couldn't line the die up properly (any tips would be gratefully received). Because the stamps aren't clear stamps it's really difficult to line it up. In the end I worked out that I should die cut then hover over the stamp with the butterfly and place it onto the inked stamp. Next time I may use low tack tape to attach the butterfly to my stamping tool then stamp it. I finished each butterfly with green gems. I'm pleased with them anyway....Lea x











18 comments:

  1. These are stunning Lea- I love the different butterflies. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so elegant Lea.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful - those butterflies look fab! What a lovely design

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow these are very beautiful CAS cards Lea
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards Lea, gorgeous CAS design. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are beautiful, pretty butterflies and fabulous CAS design.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful cards Lea. Lovely CAS design and fabulous sentiment xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning collection of gorgeous cards. [aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
  9. how lovely that you made these sweet butterfly cards for your friends

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just my type of cards Lea, lovely CAS cards x

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are beautiful Lea and sure to be treasured.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Lea your cards are gorgeous they are just so pretty your friends are going to love them. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  13. three CAS, but very beautiful cards and a beautiful sentiment xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this set of cards Lea - so thoughtful too. I think you misunderstood my last blog post - my Mum hasn't come to stay with me for a few years but I speak to her daily and visit and stay with her every school holiday. I couldn't live years without seeing my Mum either! Shabneez xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Neautiful and elegant CAS cards,Lea.I have become follower.

    Gr, Sylvia.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful cards, Lea. I love the pretty different butterflies, my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave feedback for me. I look forward to reading your comments