Wednesday, 11 October 2017

Memories and.......sheep!!!

Hi all

Sorry I've been awol for a bit. I've had a lovely time in the warm. We've been to Crete where all I did was lie on a sun bed by a pool reading (the most amazing comfy sun beds I've ever seen!).  Although travelling is quite hard on my legs the warmth when I get there definitely helps the pain. It is well worth the effort. The journey went very smooth so that helped loads. The apartments we stayed in were stunning and extremely comfy. It was really lovely to see Mr B relax. 

While I was away I noticed I have gained a couple of more followers so a huge welcome to them. I am always very grateful for such lovely comments. Thank you to Kathy Black and Sandra Carey who have done giveaways recently - I was very lucky to be picked to receive a prize from them. I was also lucky enough to win a prize from Dawn Barwicks blog a few weeks ago too...you know what they say about things coming in threes! Thank you ladies....I'm very grateful. 

Right now to my card. It has been all of my children's birthdays recently. I've been holding on to blog their cards. This card was for my beautiful daughter Vikki. We have a bit of a family joke going back to when she was a child (she's now 35). She was one of these children that was always crying....once when we went out with my parents walking in a field full of sheep we threatened to leave her with the sheep (wicked parents and grandparents we were!). Ever since we've always had a thing about sheep with her. When I saw these fab stamps from Clearly Besotted I knew I had to have them. They are just so cute. I started by backing white corrugated card onto black and grey. I stamped all the sheep and coloured parts of them with promarkers. I added a bit of bakers twine, a bow and gems. 

Well that's me done...have a good day folks....Lea x


12 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you managed a break in a warm country Lea. It must have done you the world of good after the awful year you have had. I guess your daughter really appreciated this card. It's great when you find something so appropriate! Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lea this is a gorgeous card those sheep are so cute and the sentiment is so fitting. I am pleased that you had a relaxing time on holiday. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute and beautiful Lea and feel better wishes

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pleased you've had a good break and lots of lovely new stash with your prizes too! Love your card Lea - it's so cute and perfect for your daughter. Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A super card, cute sheep and great monochromatic design.
    I'm so pleased that you had a lovely break in Crete - it sounds wonderful.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card,Lea.Such a sweet sheep and very pretty colours.Love the beautiful bow.

    Gr,Sylvia.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely design Lea.xxI am still unwell so a short comment.xx[aNNie]ğŸŽ„

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Lea and lovely detail.
    Laine
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you enjoyed your holiday. This is a wonderful card. It's funny how these little things from childhood stick with us. Creative Blessings Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lea, so pleased you have enjoyed your break. I love your card, so appropriate for your daughter's birthday lol, The sheep are just so....cute, I'm sure it brought back some memories for her. Hope you've had a good weekend.
    Hugs Jennifer xx.
    Hugs Jennifer xx.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely love your sheep card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave feedback for me. I look forward to reading your comments